Saturday, September 5, 2009

A week in UTAH!

Alexis invited me to spend a week with her and her family in Provo, Utah. They have the cutest little condo up there. It was like home but without any responsibilities! So much fun! The weather was absolutely beautiful there so we spent a lot of time outside and rode bikes every day! We painted pottery, went shopping, tried on goofy clothes at goodwill, had BBQs, huge slip-n-slides in the park, played games for hours, visited friends, and met new people. The Flake's are always doing something fun! We went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house, which was beautiful. We packed so much fun into every day! On the last day, before they took me to the airport, we squeezed in one more thing and went to this fun place where we went rollerblading, jumped on huge bouncy obstacles, and went down water slides. It was so nice of them to let me come on their family vacation. I loved spending time with her family, they are so fun and sweet! Alexis and I have been on so many trips together this year, I think we lost count! We've decided we need to make a "Laurisa and Alexis's Adventures book!" She is so much fun to be around and always makes me laugh! I am so lucky to have a friend like her :)
It was so fun being in Utah because I was able to spend time with Sis and the family! We had a sleep over in her little apartment and went into her Cosmetology school to get scalp treatments, which were amazing! She introduced us to all her cute friends and we got to catch up on life since she's moved. She even ditched school to hang out with me! What a lucky sis I am! She made me Delicious meals and surprised me and took me to get "glitter toes" Of course I was in heaven! I love spending time with my beautiful sister, I'm so lucky to have her and it was a lot better than talking to her through the web cam!
I loved spending the Fourth in Utah! There was so much going on! I spent the day with my cute cousins, aunts and uncles, and Grandpa and Grandma. I have such a fun family. We went to the Freedom Festival in Provo, played games, and enjoyed the holiday. 
That night I went with the Flake's to the stadium of fire! Some friends of theirs gave them free tickets for all of us last minute! It was so Amazing! I've never seen such amazing fireworks in my life! She Daisy performed first, I have loved them ever since I was a child, it was so fun to hear their songs again! Then the Jonas Brothers performed (which from where we stood sounded like Kids Bop because of all the little girls singing around us!) But we sang and danced right along with them of course. It was the perfect 4th or July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment