Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ambassadors of LIGHT!!


I had the most amazing summer of my life!! My favorite part about it was being in the Ambassadors of Light and also being a part of the high school group, LIGHT, this past year! I cannot even put in words how much I love it!! There is nothing I love more than preforming! As a little girl I would always say that the stage was my playground, and it still is! :) I absolutely love singing and dancing and the feeling of being in front of an audience doing the things I love most. I love the way that it effects people, I love watching the smiles and laughter on people's faces from stage! It is the best feeling in the world knowing that you made someone happy, especially when doing something that makes me the happiest! There are 18 of the most amazing people I have ever known in this group! They are always striving for excellence, being a great example, following Christ, strengthening and uplifting one another, and entertaining everyone (not just on stage-there is never a dull moment) I have grown to love each and everyone of them and know the little things that make them so wonderful. I will cherish these relationships forever! Spending this much time together, working really hard, having so much fun, and striving to bring the Light of Christ to others. 
I could do our show over and over and never get sick of it! Each time was like the first! We spent only 3 weeks at the beginning of the summer learning the show and then spent the rest of it performing and polishing some of our numbers and most importantly enjoying every minute we had with each other. I just loved being with everyone in this group so much, and the studio is like my second home. After every trip I went on this summer, I would hurry home just in time for practice! I would go to the studio immediately and could not wait!! 


It always makes me SO happy when people I love come to my show! It means the WORLD to me! Thank you all for your support! It is so fun to have someone to perform to! Even when my shows were out of town some of my friends and family came to watch it! My friends took a road trip up to Payson to see a show we had there! I felt so loved! My family has been a support the entire year going to almost all of my shows! My Mom probably went to 20 or more shows! She was our "Light Groupie" the whole year and only missed a few shows, she was definitely our biggest fan! I appreciated her enthusiasm for what I loved so much! 



These are some fun pictures we took in Payson, It was so beautiful! We entertain ourselves with taking so many silly pictures!


AOL... BOOYAH! this was basically our unity chant :) We did it just about anywhere to pump us up for a show, or just end a practice. We even have a little "booyah" on our shirts!

Trip to Cali number ONE! Oh what an adventure! We took a spontaneous trip for the weekend just to go to six flags and the beach! We ended up only having five hours at six flags and about 3 hours at the beach...and the rest of the weekend was spent in the van with Mom driving! She was such a good sport (even through a blown up tire, and almost ran out of gas in the middle of no where) She kept a positive attitude and We all still had the time of our lives.

FINAL TOUR:





For our big end of the year tour, we toured California! We started with L.A. and San diego, then traveled to Pasadena, went to Long Beach, San Francisco, San Jose, and Oakland, along with many other stops along the way. We squeezed into a Tahoe (with a trailer following) and a fifteen passenger van!! That was an adventure in itself! You know you really love someone when you can sit in a tightly packed van with them for over 40 hours in a week! We learned so much about each other, played games, sang songs of course, and told many jokes! But we definitely took advantage of letting our energy out when we stopped. Each day that passed I would get even more sad about it ending. We spent a night at the beach, had a BBQ, made s'mores on a grill, rode bikes across the Golden Gate Bridge, took SO many pictures, Did a couple shows and firesides for different stakes, Stayed up late in the hotel rooms telling stories and watching movies. We had a show at Pier 39 in San Fran one of the days, and spent the rest of the day exploring the pier. We did some shopping and people watching, and let me tell you, there are SO many interesting people in San Francisco! We stayed at host families home for 4 nights, which were some very amazing ( spending two nights with a cute BYU student, She had all her friends over and made it such a fun night and I loved meeting new people!)...to very eye opening experiences ( one of the homes was full of mold and very unsanitary, it made us really thankful for our homes). They were all very kind to us! We met so many wonderful people through all of our shows, with many different stories and lives, and we touched many of them.

Unfortunately my incredible summer had to come to an end, along with this experience! :( I know I will continue to sing and dance here and there because I love it so much, But I am so sad that this had to end. It has been my absolute favorite thing. I have had experiences of a lifetime and met so many Incredible people, and built relationships I will have forever. I am so grateful for this group and the influence it has had on my life, It has strengthened my testimony, challenged me, and showed me a whole new love for others. Now we have all gone our separate ways for school and busy lives, it is sad not seeing them all the time, but we sure made the best of the time we had!  






4 comments:

  1. You truly are an Ambassador of Light where ever you go! I loved seeing all of your performances and loved to see how much it touched people and their lives. The firesides were so inspirational! I am so glad you had this experience and know that it has touched your heart in such a positive way! And yes I am your "BIGGEST FAN"! I love your blog it makes me so happy and yes, you live a charmed life, but you create it with your positive happy personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are above AMAZING! You know how to live life to the fullest! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW did I miss you having a blog???!!! I loved reading through your posts. You are a great writer!
    (add that to your list of many talents!)
    I hope your birthday was wonderful.
    I love you!!!
    p.s. you have the worlds best smile.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree you live life to its fullest, so much like your dad was and still is, we loved watching you perform and wish we could have followed you everywhere, its so hard being so far away, what a beautiful talented amazing young woman you have become, love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete