Saturday, September 5, 2009

Senior trip with the Girls!

Five girls+San Diego, California=way too much fun!

My best friends have been trying to plan a trip to Cali for a while, but all of our schedules were just so busy, with work, school, family vacations, and other activities. But we managed to get off work, I had a little break from Light, and we put it all together. I am SO glad we did. It is so crazy how all of our different schedules and busy lives make it so hard for us to see each other, even when it is summer and no one is off to school YET. But this trip definitely made up for it! I have the greatest friends! 
They all drove to San Diego on a friday. I had a show for my performing group, Ambassadors of LIGHT that night so I did not think I would be able to go with them. But somehow I managed to find a really cheap one way ticket the next morning! I am SO happy it all worked out! 
We spent five days without any worries or responsibilities, just lying on Coronado Beach, soakin' up the sun, listening to music, playing scum, eating frozen yogurt, watching the surfers and interesting people on the beach, and enjoying each others company. We had many adventures. Allie and Aubree almost drowned in the ocean, but conveniently were swept out of the water by some mildly attractive lifeguards...which of course continued to hit on them for the rest of the week. Kylee took so many pictures with her amazing photography talent and eye for picture moments and we all loved it! 
One beautiful day we decided to take a bike ride around Coronado Island! Aubree and I decided to try something new and ride a tandum bike. Little did we know, it was MUCH harder than it looked. I rode in front first, which i found out very quickly was not something I was very good at! ha! They were all worried for mine and Aub's safety so they voted that Aubree should steer...This was an even worse idea! Somehow she lost control and fell off the curb into a busy street!! It was terrifying...yet we laughed very hard after! 
We loved California! The weather was so perfect, and it was so nice to get away from the AZ heat for a few days. It is such a beautiful place, and I am absolutely in love with the beach. What a beautiful world we live it! The people there are... let's just say-as you heard in my last blog-A LOT different from Baltimore! They are all so friendly! Maybe we just got a lot of attention because it was just five of us girls! We enjoyed it though! We went to eat one night and the guy that worked there gave us a FREE huge brownie cake! haha...not sure why! :) but we had no complaints! 
On sunday we visited the San Diego temple! It is absolutely beautiful! I love going to the temple. It makes me so happy. We are so blessed to have so many around us.

When ever I am with these girls I think I laugh more than I breathe! They make life so entertaining and full of fun! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. They are such great girls, full of love, life, and always strive to be good examples. Everyone needs friends like mine, ones you can truly trust, tell everything to, laugh until you cry or pee your pants, look up to, and can always count on to put a smile on your face. 
Hopefully we can make this some kind of tradition! I love being with these cute girls! I always have the time of my life!


3 comments:

  1. SIS. oh WOWWWWW. your music is happy your pictures, how you describe life.. i knew your blog would be happy. . you are my sunshine literally. i love YOU SOOO much baby sis. I love reading your blog.. i'm so glad you have one. you have such good friends.. im glad some are coming to utah to make ME laugh now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such amazing friends. It is because you are such an amazing friend. I love all these girls so much. They always let me in your conversations. I have such fun memories of you guys all together. You are so blessed to have these friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss this! And all of us! I'm so glad you made a blog though :) K, I'll see what I can do about the other two :) I could have guessed 'Happy' would be your first song. Always reminds me of you:) Keep smiling Lauris! It makes so many others smile also!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete