Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekend in UTAH!!

What a wonderful trip !!

Since so many of my favorite people live in Utah now, I've been trying to find a way to visit since school started...Since I had failed attempts to convince my parents to let me drive up for the weekend, I was ecstatic to find out that Nana and Grandpa decided to drive to Utah for a Book of Mormon conference...They let me tag a long :) I was so extremely excited, I couldn't handle it! I Counted down the days for 13 days! I missed three days of school, and it was definitely worth it!! I loved every second of the trip and spent time with people I love!

I can't believe we did so many things in one short weekend! Here's a couple highlights:
  • Count down days, hours, min...then wanting time to slow down once I was there.
  • paradise bakery-sis's favorite!
  • Random Monochromatic dance party
  • yo zone with the girls (Fro Yo is our tradition)
  • jammin to music in the car with the windows down
  • Changing facebook status to:Laurisa is moving to Utah!-who knew so many people believed facebook!?
  • taking SO many pictures so I could remember every second
  • would you like to stay forever?!
  • meeting new people
  • party in the usa
  • going to the last conference session
  • prank calling random people and reading mad gab cards to them
  • staying up way too late
  • making sis wake up early so we didn't miss out on anything
  • home made oreo cookies in the middle of the night
  • Driving with Nana and Grandpa-"ELK!"-they make me laugh
  • Getting texts from Dad and Mitch saying that I'm the favorite Daughter/Sister...turns out they said the same to Sis!
  • Getting a call from Nana everyday reminding me to look at the "majestic mountains"
  • watched a random, ridiculous movie
  • skip bo with the family
  • lots of laughs
  • 1.0 and 2.0
  • realizing how completely opposite Sis and I are
  • sharing clothes-I miss that!
  • spontaneous dance moves
  • a trip to Sis's fav...forever21
  • dollar movies
  • oh heeeeyyyyyy!
  • performing our sister song
  • Inside jokes
  • Red Robin
  • Brick Oven
  • Costa Vida
  • Jason's Deli with Jason

I had to take advantage of every second I had with them... so we played a lot, and slept very little. I had the time of my life!


I love my beautiful Sis!! She's my best friend in the whole world, It was so fun to visit her!! She means so much to me, and is the most incredible person. I'm so happy I have her forever!
It was so fun seeing my girls!! Oh how I've missed them!
It was nice catching up :)

SO fun seeing good friends! I have the the most amazing friends, even though they all left me for BYU!
Maybe I will be able to join them soon!:)


I was SO excited to go to conference for the first time! It was so amazing! I couldn't get over the fact that there were over 21,000 people there! It was a very different experience being there, the spirit is so strong, it gave me chills. I loved the silence and respect with President Monson walked in, and I loved singing "Hope of Israel" with the congregation. We are so blessed to have a living prophet and apostles to give us guidance today. I love this gospel with all my heart. I enjoyed all of the conference talks, and learned so much. I want to go up there for the April conference too!

I love rain...even when it is cold... :)
Oh how I love my family, They are so much fun! Although I didn't get to see everyone, It was great seeing Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Jeff, Aunt Amber, and Megan! We enjoyed playing games sunday night. Nana and Grandpa even joined us! So fun! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family!
I can't wait to visit again. I think half my heart is still in Utah! I only wish Gilbert and Provo were next to eachother...
now wouldn't that be wonderful?! :)

7 comments:

  1. i wish gilbert and provo were close too.. maybe we can wish it for christmas this year:) i love you so much. this blog post made me so happy.. i love that you love visiting me:) you are the most amazing person and sister. you are beautiful inside and out little missy. i cant wait to see you again laurisa ashley.

    XOXO,
    your eternal sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did everyone keep up with you?? I knew you would be booked but WOW!!! I am so sad we missed you BUT atleast you'll be moving to UTAH soon so we can see you LOTS!!! I am glad you had such a wonderful time :) I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that would make anyone tired you weren't even here longer than a second, you Love everything and everything loves Laurisa I love your pictures, your excitement for life I just Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you came to visit! I had so much fun playing skipbo with you! Come again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing writer and a prize winning pumpkin carver. Sure do love you my pretty princess. Have an amazing day! Your Nana

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! BTW, you have a bit of Grandma Pink in you. (Great Grandma Whiting) While looking through your pictures, there were 2 that reminded me of her. The ones where you have your hands on people's faces and pulling them close to you. I have a bunch of pictures of grandma doing just that. She loved to have us all so close to her! Thanks for putting a smile on my face! :)

    ReplyDelete