Monday, October 19, 2009

So I've been thinking....

A LOT!!! Sometimes I think I think too much. I'm in this time of my life where I have to start making so many decisions...it's a little overwhelming...but at the same time it is kind of fun.

I have been doing a lot of research on different schools making sure I can stay on top of the different prerequisites, especially the Dental hygiene programs at UVU and MCC. Every day I decide on one of them but then change my mind the next...There are so many choices to make. I am TORN sometimes between being responsible, by staying here and keeping my scholarship FREE SCHOOL and staying with my family...OR Having the experience of moving away, being independent and living in Utah with my friends and Sis...

There are times when I wish I knew where I would end up in life...what school I am going to go to for Dental Hygiene...Exactly what classes I'm going to take...What Job I'll have...Where I will live...Who I will marry...I've been thinking a lot about these things. I'm not wishing time away because I am loving the stage I am at now, but I feel like everything I do now, every goal I make, and every decision I have will lead to what my future turns out to be.

But I know that the whole "fun" in life is not knowing what will happen, and being able to make these decisions. It is kind of like a puzzle, I just have to find all the pieces!

I love having goals and working toward achieving them. Being productive and successful makes me happy. I've finally got the hang of school...and I'm loving it (I can't believe I'm saying that) because I am working hard and reaching my goals.
I think as long as I keep these goals, take one step at a time, and rely on the Lord everything will work out. As President Monson says "The future is as bright as your faith!" Oh how I love that. I love the hope that the gospel of Jesus Christ gives me. Even though decisions can be hard, I know that If I always do what is right I will never go Wrong.

What a beautiful, comforting thing to know!!!! :)

I discuss these decisions with my Dad very often, He kind of helps me sort through my possibilities...but is mainly my support towards each step I take...I am so blessed to have such a supportive family!

In our discussion today he said this to me...

"It's not all about the destination,
...it's about the Journey."-Wade Whiting

He's a smart man, I hope to be just like him someday
(in a woman version)... :)

"COME WHAT MAY, AND LOVE IT!"


5 comments:

  1. haha. i love the woman version. . aw i love dad's quotes and i love YOU. you are going to be guided sister.. the lord IS with you every step. i love your blog and i love your entries.. you are so beautiful to me. . and im SO proud of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you started a blog from your recent fb statuses. I know we don't know eachother too well but I just wanted to let you know that you are such a good example to me, your willingness to always stand up for whas rght no matter what type of situation you are in makes me want to be like that. Your great!
    -Tori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw you are so cute girl! I know how you feel, I'm trying to decide what school to go too- it's hard sometimes. I loved this though!! Reminds me of Pres. Monson's "Find Joy in the Journey" talk last year.

    p.s. I love that everyone has blogs now!! Bethanie has one too, her link is on mine if you want to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never think too much! Keep thinking girl, it's helping you get all those A's! I am so proud of you and how you are guided in your decisions. I love you figuring your life out! You are growing up to be an amazing person and I love what a high achiever you are! I can't wait to see you reach your goals and you truly do enjoy the journey. You always make everything fun and are responsible at the same time! You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauris I just love you. This is my favorite post by you. I definitely am feeling a lot of the same stresses and wondering a lot of the same things as you! Life is crazy and beautiful and its just tough trying to figure out what you're 'supposed' to do! But you know? you're right we just gotta enjoy the NOW, do what's good and if we're doing what the Lord would approve of, then there is no 'wrong' choice. you're the best lauris :) Im excited to see your face tomorrow and listen to your voice :)
    Loves!

    ReplyDelete