Sunday, August 7, 2011

Camping Getaway


G and I decided to get out of the heat (115 degrees is killin me!) and spend the night in woods :) We had so much fun getting away and camping out. I haven't done much camping in my life, so I thought it would be a fun adventure.

We packed up the car and took off. It was a beautiful drive and took only about an hour and a half.
We searched for a quiet, private camping ground so that we could just be together and enjoy the peaceful woods. While Grafton gathered wood for the fire, I helped set up chairs and our sleeping bags. I was pretty proud of our camp!


G started a big fire and we sat and talked and enjoyed it for the rest of the night. We brought our tin foil dinners with ground turkey and veggies. I know it looks gross, but it was delicious. We also made S'mores of course...thats what camping is all about right?!



We had a couple neighbors that wandered through the woods (COWS!) I thought it was hilarious. I guess I just always picture squirrels, bears, bobcats, and deer when I think of animals out in the woods...but we saw probably about 15 cows wandering around.

There is something so peaceful and relaxing about a campfire. I loved just sittin around it with my love, just talking and telling stories. We fell asleep in the tent watching the stars. It was incredible.
It was breathtaking how beautiful it was up there. I couldn't stop taking pictures. I loved being out in nature, and getting away from all distractions to just be together. It was very refreshing.
I would definitely do it again. We really had a great time. Perfect little get-a-way. I sure love that I get to do everything with my Hubby :) He makes everything so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment